Manual & semi-electric beds are covered in the patient’s home. Full electric beds are not covered.
- Manual Beds are covered if one or more of the following are met:
- Patient requires positioning not possible in an ordinary bed with a need of 30 days.
- Patient requires positioning to alleviate pain,
- Patient requires an elevation of >30 degrees.
- Patient requires traction equipment that may only be attached to hospital beds.
- Semi-Electric Beds are covered if in addition to meeting the general indications, the patient requires frequent changes or immediate changes in body position.
- Heavy Duty Beds are covered for clients who weigh more than 350 pounds.
- Extra Heavy Duty Beds are covered for clients who weigh more than 600 pounds.
- Documentation: A written order prior to dispensing and records for the physician file documenting need is required. No prior authorization is required.
Contact Us Online or Call Us at (888) 843-7007.